Quality Brand Fish Finders Under $200
If you are looking for a new fish finder at a reasonable price, I have a few listed below that rate well with other consumers and have a quality name. These fish finders aren’t as powerful as the expensive models, but they will serve you well when looking for fish and finding the bottom depths.
$100 & under – Lowrance X-4 Pro Sonar
X-4 Pro Features
- High-speed 200kHz Skimmer transom-mounted transducer with a wide 60° coverage area
- Depths up to 600 ft.
- Water temperature
- 240V x 160H resolution with Grayline® target separation
- Sunlight-readable, 4″ SuperTwist™ LCD with quick updates
- Features Automatic ASP™, FishTrack™ and Advanced Fish I.D.™
- 800-watt peak-to-peak/100-watt RMS power
Lowrance produces many high quality products. Even the lower level models such as the X-4 Pro, provide fisherman and boaters with fish/depth finder capabilities they need to improve fishing opportunities. The X-4 is a great deal at less than $100. If you are interested in purchasing this as your first fish finder, or looking to add another to your boat, you will be happy with the value of this unit.
$150 & under – Humminbird PiranhaMax 180
PiranhaMax 180 Features
- 4″ monochrome, 240V x 160H resolution display
- TriBeam 200 kHz/455 kHz transducer
- 1,600-watt peak-to-peak power
$200 & under – Eagle FishEasy 350c
- 320Vx240H 3.5″ color display
- 200kHz Skimmer transducer with water temperature
- 60° fish-detection coverage
- COLORLINE defines bottom composition
- Waterproof and sealed housing
Lowrance Elite 4x DSI
Elite 4x DSI features
- 320×240 3.5″ LED color display
- 2,800-watts peak-to-peak, 350 RMS power
- 455/800 kHz DualBeam DownScan transducer
- 200-ft max depth
- Easy-to-use menu controls
- Quick-release tilt and swivel bracket
If you are looking for a fish finder under $200 that has DownScan imaging, this is about as cheap as you will see for a new fish finder. Use the imaging to reveal a picture like image of what is below you. It will help distinguish predator fish or baitfish, thermoclines, and hard to find structure you might not see with the traditional 2D sonar.
Lowrance Mark 4 GPS/Sonar
Mark 4 GPS/Sonar Features
- 3.5″ high-contrast LED?display
- 2,100-watts peak-to-peak, 200-watts RMS power
- 20° 83/200kHz transducer
- 1,000-ft. depth capability
- Internal 16-channel GPS antenna
- Compatible with LakeMaster, Navionics and Fishing Hot Spots charts
Here is another fish finder that is $200 dollars that provides excellent value for the money. Lowrance’s quality name automatically makes this an easy choice to purchase. The added capability of GPS gives fisherman who like to use lake maps a great advantage over anglers who don’t have it. Easily find those structure areas in open water and work the edges with the Lowrance Mark 4.
We’ve all heard it before, “You get what you pay for.” In the world of fish finders, these models represent the lower end. That doesn’t mean these fish finders don’t work, it means they are less powerful and don’t have as many different features as higher end fish finders-most notably screen size. For someone looking to buy a fish finder at a reasonable price, these units will serve you well.