Isn’t amazing how you always get the feeling you’ve forgotten something when you pull the boat out of the driveway and start heading down the road? With a little bit of preparation, you can ease the anxiety. Here is a simple list of 6 things you need to remember for your next ‘Everyday Fishing Trip’.
- Life Jackets – The most important thing to remember.
- Fishing License – Check for your own and ask any guests to verify they have their’s along too.
- Rods – Grab the rods you intend to use that day.
- Bait/Tackle – grab the tacklbox and any live bait you intend to use.
- Net – Not required, but can save the day. (funny how the big one always gets away when you forget the net!)
- Fish Finder – Also not required, but can make a boring trip an exciting one.
This is just a simple list of 6 things I try to remember to bring with me on my ‘everyday fishing trip’. A few extras that often get tossed in the truck are sunglasses, drinks, snacks, rain gear, sunscreen, warm clothes.
What do you normally bring on your short, local, fishing trips?
My name is Brad Bolton, a husband and father of four. I live in Minnesota and I enjoy spending time in the outdoors and also spending time with my family. If there is water nearby, I want to fish it.